The FINANCIAL -- ICC Georgia is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Sakpatenti. This is a major step forward for cooperation between the two organizations.
The objective of this MOU is to provide support to effective development of the business skills among youth in Georgia, to cooperate in various areas beneficial for both Parties and to this end organize joint activities in the field of promoting intellectual property protection in Georgia.
By virtue of this MOU, ICC Georgia on its part undertakes the following, subject to availability of resources:
- To support SAKPATENTI to raise the awareness in the field of intellectual property;
- To support the Technology Transfer Center of Georgia (that operates under Sakpatenti’s auspices) to help Georgian inventors in commercialization of their inventions;
- To facilitate SAKPATENTI to cooperate with Commercial Crime Services of the International Chamber of Commerce based in London;
- To exchange information on intellectual property promotion and education activities aimed at development and strengthening of the national intellectual property system;
- To provide consultations in the field of intellectual property for the users of the intellectual property rights.
By virtue of this MOU, SAKPATENTI on its part undertakes the following, subject to availability of resources:
-To organize lectures and seminars for the members of the International Chamber of Commerce Youth Georgia;
-To provide internship and training opportunities for International Chamber of Commerce Youth Georgia members;
-To participate in the competitions and events organized by the ICC;
-To provide consultations in the area of intellectual property to the members of the ICC upon request.
Further collaboration will occur soon to begin the initiatives described above. The ICC Georgia staff is excited and Sakpatenti has already given a productive training session for the ICC Youth Project on 20-21 February 2014. Future sessions will continue as well as program development to support Sakpatenti’s mission.