The FINANCIAL -- Lisi Development, the first development company of its kind in Georgia, incorporated in 2010, debuted at the Golden Brand Awards Ceremony this year and was recognized by the panel of experts as the favourite development company of 2014.
Lisi Development is engaged in the development of over 350 acres of land around Lisi Lake, on the outskirts of Georgia’s capital Tbilisi.
There are a number of reasons behind Lisi Development’s Golden Brand win, of which one of the most important was its new initiative - ‘80/20’. The idea of 80/20 is to allocate 20 percent of its territory for buildings and the remaining 80 percent - for parks, planting and public spaces.
“We received a Golden Brand award because Lisi Development is a distinguished company on the Georgian market as it is establishing innovative standards,” Nodar Adeishvili, General Director at Lisi Development, told The FINANCIAL. “We are a green company whose conception is 80/20. Lisi Development is a new standard on the Georgian market. Golden Brand is also a new standard and leader in its sphere. Constant transformation and novelty has always been the main goal of our company and it helped us to be recognized as the best development company at Golden Brand,” he added.
“We are always looking for new initiatives, which are in line with the concept of Lisi Development and offer an ideal atmosphere for its residents. Having a healthy and clean environment has always been a core principle of the company,” Adeishvili said.
Official data says the green area per capita is 5.6 sq.m. in Tbilisi, while it exceeds 50 sq.m. in Lisi’s residential complex.
According to the Arbor Day Foundation, “A mature leafy tree produces as much oxygen in a season as 10 people inhale in a year. A single mature tree can absorb carbon dioxide at a rate of 48 lbs./year and release enough oxygen back into the atmosphere to support 2 human beings.” As for Lisi Development, the company planted more than 200 trees and other plants on its territory in the first phase of the Lisi residential complex.
Besides planting the trees, Lisi Development is the first company in Georgia to have launched waste sorting. The company has placed special waste containers in different locations on its property, so from now its residents can separate their discarded items.
“It is important that this campaign will expand our initiative of a healthier environment beyond the physical borders of Lisi’s residential complex. Now we are initiating and encouraging everyone to take care of the environment we all live in,” Adeishvili said.
The waste-sorting system at Lisi Development was implemented with the cooperation of Coop Georgia, the only company developing recycling services in the country.
Back in the summer of 2014, Lisi Development arranged a green activity which the Embassy of the United Kingdom and Georgia’s Ministry of Environment were involved in. Ambassador Alexandra Hall Hall and Minister Elguja Khokrishvili took part in litter picking activity at Tbilisi’s Lisi Lake.
Golden Brand is not the only award which has been given to Lisi Development for its unique activities. Last year the company was awarded by the Ministry of Environment for the nomination Green Vision at the Georgian Green Business awards ceremony.
Meanwhile, for the fourth time in a row Lisi Development was awarded with the 2014 International Property Award in the category: Best Residential Development in Georgia. The European Real Estate Award is considered one of the most prestigious awards in the residential and commercial real estate industry.
Lisi Development has already completed the first phase of its project, called Lisi Veranda. The project comprises 170 units in total. These include: four villas, over twenty townhouses, and apartment blocks.
In the last quarter of 2014 the company started construction of the second phase. Another 260 units will be offered to customers. Construction will be fully completed in 2016. In the new phase the company will be offering residential blocks and also townhouses. Villas will be built near Lisi Lake. The company is successfully cooperating with Dutch financial institution, FMO.
The main idea of the Lisi Veranda project was to offer large recreation areas and low-density development. In accordance, in the first phase of the project, out of the total 100%, approximately only 20% was used for buildings. The remaining 80% was used for parks, planting and public places.
Lisi Development has invited 15 landscape designers to present their individual visions of the zone in order to build a creative district in terms of landscape design.
As sustainable development and a green concept are core principles of Lisi Development, Lisi Greens - a subsidiary company of Lisi Development - was created. It is a plant nursery, which offers high quality plants from Italy.
Adeishvili believes that consumer demands have changed in Georgia as people are looking for lifestyle; additional values that surround and complement apartments. A clean environment, comfortable yard, swimming pool, security, high quality of construction - this is what modern people are looking for, he said.
Lisi Development uses European construction materials and cooperates with world leading companies operating in the construction and development sector.
The prices for apartments in four-floor buildings start from USD 1,295 per square meter and go up to USD 1,495. The price depends on arrangement, view, floor and other individual factors. Two-floor townhouses have approximately 300 sq.m gardens and cost USD 1,495, while villas have 800 sq.m of land and cost USD 1,590. The project is designed by Georgian architectural company Architects.ge and features Italian brick, Dutch facade materials and German doors and windows.